2005 - Honda CBF 500

Advert elsewhere

Hello & welcome to the sale of my Honda CBF 500 (ABS model) - more details below:

• Year : 2005

• MOT until April 2016.

• Mileage ~52050

• Service history with receipts.

• Accessories : Oxford heated grips, LED lights on front forks,
    Bagster tank cover, SP Engineering Moto GP exhaust (sound awesome &
    has a removable baffle!), top box rack (top box not included), USB
    charging port under pillion seat, bar ends, center stand, rear hugger,
    Oxford soft panniers, Optimate5 battery charger/tester.

The bike has had a recent chain & sprockets and has been
regularly serviced - I also get the oil & oil filter changed every
couple of months regardless of mileage so it rides like a beauty. It has
Michelin Road Pilot tyres with plenty of tread and includes the
original spare key.

The right lever (front brake) has broken as seen and the lock to the
pillion seat also hence the cargo net to keep it in place and both
these cant be found on eBay/Gumtree etc.

Needless to say, a bike its age will have some worn paint as seen around the engine.

The bike starts up every time and has never let me down and the buyer will be glad to have this machine.

Note that I use it for the odd errand so the mileage may increase slightly. 
£1,350 ono

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

As much as I love that bike, I sold mine with 18K and mint condition for £1900, I think the bike should be cheaper for the state, mileage and age it shows

Tough one on price. I just picked a non ABS '06 model CBF500 at end of October. Much tattier - couple of dents to tank, cracked mudguard, paint lost on engine, couple of scrapes here’n’there and spot of rust showing on side peg mountings. Still, it had heated grips, a screen, 42K on it, Motad Venom can, 6 months MOT, good chain/sprocket, new 1yr old Bridgestones tyres (with lots of tread left) and fork seals done 1 year ago. I paid £900. 

Webber: yours is in much better nick and has ABS. However 3 months MOT is a big downer, I’d be tempted to put fresh MOT on it for £35 to seal a good deal.  Fix the lever, just grab a cheap one of ebay for a tenner! Ditto the seat lock. Now 52K is a little high, but if serviced well, this bike should be fine to do the same again, however you will struggle to get a similar price to other CBF’s with lower mileage. 

A tonne of accessories are cool, but don’t expect them to let you demand a higher price. Sometimes it’s better just to sell bike without them and then shove all the tat on ebay to make another £100-200 later on. Also stick pictures up without the tank cover - everyone will just assume your tanks is scratched to hell! 

Either way, is a shame you weren’t selling back in October… 

I might be interested in just the panniers.  Are they in very good condition?  Actually, I only need the right one.  How much for them?