2002 KAWASAKI NINJA ZX636 A1P RED, 636cc, VGC, £2200 ONO

Kawasaki Ninja ZX636 A1P

17/03/2012 - PRICE REDUCED TO £2,000 O.N.O.

For sale is my lovely Ninja! This is my 3rd‘big bike’ – having previously owned a Hornet 600 and an R6 I can honestly say that the Ninja is my favourite – smooth, responsive and very very quick!

General summary:

• 2002, on a 52 plate

• 16,909 miles

• Bodywork in good order (excepting 2 areas, see below)

• Viper Exhaust (sounds very very nice)

• Engine is very smooth, I’ve never noticed any problems or flats pots

• Mechanically sound to the very best of my knowledge – I’ve had no issues with it whatsoever

• Meta Immobiliser

• Tinted screen

• Mini-indicators

• Tyres OK

• Well looked after, but unfortunately I don’t have service history

• V5C present

• 1 x key and 1 x immobiliser fob (I have spares for my previous bike which could probably be reprogrammed)

• MOT to 08/06/2012

• Tax to 31/05/2012 (TBC)

• HPI Clear

I purchased the bike in May 2010 from a dealer with the benefit of 3 months warranty. No problems arose during the warranty periodor thereafter - the bike has been well cared for since purchase.

Bad bits:

A neighbour knocked over the bike a couple of weeks ago and the main damage was to the lefthand side footrest hanger. This has been replaced and the bike is in perfect working order, although:

• Small dent to left hand side of tank

• Crack to left hand side of fairing (which has had afibreglass repair)

The pictures of the bike were taken 02/02/2011 following the repairs.

I am going to be very sad to see the bike go, but I am selling it due to:

• Lack of use

• I now have a car which I need for work

• My insurance on the bike is way too much as I don’t have agarage, have 0 NCB and my previous bike was stolen. I can’t justify the cost for a weekend toy!

The bike is currently with a very reputable dealer in Barnet, EN4 at which the repairs were carried out. Viewing is available strictly by appointment as I will need to organise it in advance with the dealer. I must make it perfectly clear that this is a private sale and you are not purchasing the bike from the dealer; the dealer is storing it during the sale process.

Contact me on 07896 772 713 to arrange a viewing if so required.

damn mate…havnt seen u for a while n now u r selling her…

£1400 insurance. Cant justify it on top of running a car, particularly as I’m looking at changing my A3 for a an A3 3.2 litre quattro.

I wont be bikeless. I’ll buy a more sensible bike in summer e.g. back to a Hornet.

£1400 is deep!
Sorry to jump on/hijack the thread but I am from India and living and working in London for last 3 years, thinking of getting a 125 bike soon and insurance was raping me too!
I am 25 year old full time worker with £30K income and have a private parking at home, I will be installing Datatool S4 red and Tracker Recovery on it once I get it.
The lowest insurance quote I got was £800 (fully comp from MCE) for a 2ndhand CBR 125 (of value £2000) which I think is bit of a pisstake.
Then I researched bit more and found out that KTM is offering subsidized insurance on their Duke 125 model. (fully comp for £300 LINK).
Now I can afford a brand spankin new bike with 5.5% APR finance and insurance for the less cost of a 2nd hand CBR effectively!
I am hoping to get No Claims Discount for my renewal after a year and lower the insurance cost a bit hopefully.

went and looked at an immaculate white/blue F Sport CBR at that dealer, was a lovely bike but they wouldn’t let me buy it and then store it for a month without charging me so I walked away.

GLWS

Or you could pay 50% upfront and get 0% APR :smiley:

Insanely cheap insurance on that KTM, but perhaps conditions apply e.g. claims history, points, must it be garaged?? Also, if its just for one year…what happens afterwards? Buying from the mainstream market and potentially subject to a big hike.

I have one claim on my history (theft) so that hiked my premium up about 30-35%. I did shop around and my existing insurer were still the cheapest…at £1400.

@ Leon - quite surprised at this. Perhaps he had a lot of interest?? Owner seems a decent helpful bloke though.

checked with insurance company no need of an garage :slight_smile:
My CBT is on 10th, if all goes according to the plan I will have the bike by april :slight_smile: