2 reasons why

I bought a camera, first happened last night, 2nd on the way in this morning…

No excuse on this one, nothing behind me so I could not have been hidden in someone elses lights

http://vid176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/thesleepermk2/almost%20got%20me_1.mp4

Notice how polite I was to this guy ;0)

http://vid176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/thesleepermk2/almost%20squashed.mp4

not sure how to put the video into the post! only came up as a img

Is this a question?

I thought I was going to see someone splatted across your windscreen … disappointed !! LOL

@ian - sorry mate, almost was the case on number 2

#1 driver didn’t even see you after you pull up beside her. 

wow, video #1 is horrible - out of curiosity what is the speed limit on that road?

@ Jay, that’s what got me she just had no clue at all I was there!!!

@CBR I was doing about 20-25 but the road it a 30mph limit.  what you cannot see in the video is the island I pass on my right the road is in a horrifically bad state, any faster you struggle for grip I never go past that bit any faster than what I was doing… 

Your ability to foresee and avoid the collision in both is to be commended mate!

@The Sleeper - what camera do you use?

Nice “staying alive” skills. The first no excuse and the second is standard for non-bikers, especially around buses.

PS if its a Drift you need to align lens with helmet curve

@Abzero - its the Drift Stealth 2

@Brains - not sure what you mean?

Something in the air atm, this week I have had at least 5 incidents where i’ve had to lay on my horn and apply the brakes pretty sharpish. 2 times on the horn right next to the cars and they still don’t look, smh

@Brains - not sure what you mean?
Because the camera attaches at an angle the horizon is tilted to the left.  So the Drift lets you rotate the lens to compensate and straighten it out.  Just attach the camera, place the helmet on a flat surface, then twist the lens so the printed marker is pointing straight up rather than off to one side.

Or the first is driver not looking or view blocked by pillar - same thong really. Second is most non riders will cross roads only expecting cars to impede their progress and that said cars will flow correctly hence the quick glance to the left before stepping out.

There’s no right or wrong here, self preservation is the name of the game and you appear to have the right attitude in how you approached and reacted to each incident, well done.

Video 1 - All motorcyclists need to be aware of ‘A pillar blind spot’. The driver probably didn’t see you because you were in line with her A pillar, weaving at junctions can help to avoids this.

Video 2 - Pedestrians, and some car drivers for that, don’t expect motorcycles to filter. When filtering past vans and high sided vehicles where you can’t see through the windows its your duty of care to check for pedestrians, who incidentally have the right of way!

@Hannibal brakes then horn is the correct sequence, self preservation :wink:

I had a classic situation this morning. Bus stopped at a crossing (the crossing was green, but its path was blocked by a van in front) - filtered on the left (slowly) as got to the front a bus a lady was walking across the road - was expecting it so no big deal.

I had a classic situation this morning. Bus stopped at a crossing (the crossing was green, but its path was blocked by a van in front) - filtered on the left (slowly) as got to the front a bus a lady was walking across the road - was expecting it so no big deal. Abzero

Lol if you want regular practice for that just go down the road at the end of London bridge that leads you to bank…

some times I think I’d be better off on the pavement as there would be less pedestrians that way! 

I had a classic situation this morning. Bus stopped at a crossing (the crossing was green, but its path was blocked by a van in front) - filtered on the left (slowly) as got to the front a bus a lady was walking across the road - was expecting it so no big deal. Abzero
Lol if you want regular practice for that just go down the road at the end of London bridge that leads you to bank..

some times I think I’d be netter off on the pavement as there would be less pedestrians that way! 

The Sleeper
Ha, used to go that way every day; going on the cannon street road i've had to do an emergency stop twice due to peds; the first a couple pushed their pram out without looking (another crosser grabbed it as he'd seen i was coming.) The second a couple again just stepped out without looking; not only that when they noticed I was coming and braking; they turned to take up more of the road, so if I didn't stop I had no chance of a swerve... This riding in London is fun ;)