15mph City of London Speed Limit Proposal

This is how I feel on the Westway. 30mph, average speed cameras, but sticking to 30 feels very ducking vulnerable when every HGV and LGV is blasting past at ~40.

Exactly how I felt riding at 20 mph on Wednesday which clearly wasn’t fast enough for most other road users around me.

1 Like

Apparently they have already had a committee meeting about this and agreed it in principle - or so I hear.

Driving Chelsea embankment at 20mph, while the cyclists fly past in a segregated lane, and the pedestrians on the other side of that. Pointless

Haha, on Friday you would have seen me on a Santander bike heading to Wandsworth to collect my Ducati from David Robinson (annual and MoT), I can assure you I wasn’t flying. God those bikes are hard work (and Wandsworth roundabout on a very slow bicycle is TERRIFYING).

Unreal. In the real world you spend your time watching the speedo not the road to stay under 20.
Dangerous doesn’t cover it.
Then you have to hope the myopic pedestrians with the iPods in and common sense in neutral don’t step out if front of you… the change of the Highway Code doesn’t encourage a change there
Moved jobs to outside m25, do not miss the morning commute to the Strand
Stay safe all :+1::motorcycle::sunglasses:

2 Likes