150 mile daily commute

I work in london and live in Hastings, I would like some recommendation for bikes that can handle the punishment of a daily 150m round trip that can go 100,000miles on the clock and is a comfortable ride with screen , heated grips. Advice would be appreciated.

Cheers  

FJR 1300

I agree

GSXR 1000
That’s what I use & I put heated grips on

the good thing is asking a question like this will always prom replies from a personal preference & maybe not suited to your riding style & wants

my daily commute is 140miles

My commute is 160 mostly motorways, using vfr800 fi, it’s cheap to run apartment from usual fixes like rectifier, I use the standard screen as the double bubble one I put on forced the wind onto my helmet more but I’m 6’4". It’s now clocked 100k miles on 2001 plate, can’t compare to other bikes as this is my first since passing test

jeeze, hardcore commutes there.

One priority for me would be a bike that you only have to fill up once a day.

One priority for me would be a bike that you only have to fill up once a day. Squishbang
I can get away with once a day

my K7 1000 returns about 11miles per litre on average

I did once get 180miles out of a tank  but I generally wont go over 160 miles

I put £15 in each day but only use 3/4 of a 21litre tank

Vstrom 1000?? I know I know, everybody hates it in here, but it has an excellent mileage and it is mega comfy bike to ride capable of handling the above requested. reliability is more than tested on those bikes and they are very affordable

150 miles, every day?

Why not a BMW GS?

Why not a BMW GS? Changyammi
That's got to be the answer for sure? My 800 would be ok but the 1200 would be a dream

Honda VFR800X Crossrunner 44mpg poss 240 miles 

Move. Or BMW F650GS single. Cruises at motorway speeds and 65mpg. Alternatively, a V Strom 650?

Humm move??

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

Some good suggestions, some well worth looking at, i am trying to keep the cost to a minimum as i will be riding the bike into the ground, is the Vstorm that bad as it seems to be the cheapest, also all the bike im looking at have 30000-40000 miles. Are they still worth the money ? 

Some good suggestions, some well worth looking at, i am trying to keep the cost to a minimum as i will be riding the bike into the ground, is the Vstorm that bad as it seems to be the cheapest, also all the bike im looking at have 30000-40000 miles. Are they still worth the money ?  KTMJames

after 3 years of commuting & the mileage I know my bike will be worth scrap

but I did factor that in when I set my budget

im also lucky in the fact my company pays for my fuel so that’s over 3k saving a year  

Humm move?? KTMJames
might be a good idea - seems you're a little flooded there.

Wise i get travel time and travel allowance if i use my own transport, and a car if i dont, but i just cant do the hours on the road. 4.30am up and on the road at 5. 18.30 finish and then a long stint home bumper to bumper. Im staying in London during the week atm but i would rather be home. So its a hard choice of what to do.