121Ride Acadamy Day - 28th August Snetterton

121RIDE - Academy Day @ Snetterton on 28th August

For all you experienced riders out there 121Ride are holding an Academy Training day at Snetterton on the 28th August.

The day will be a full on learning experience with maximum track time (upto 40mins every hour) plus classroom sessions to get the very best out of your potential.

You will be pushed much harder than the Ron Haslem school and you will not be constrained by levels like the Californian SuperBike School.

The day will begin with introduction to your instructor for the day.

You will then be assessed - Riding Style, Lines and Lap times.

We will then work on individual areas to get you upto the next level. That may be just a tweak or introducing new skills.

The track based work will focus on:

Steering - Steering faster and turning later
Braking - How to control entry speed to corners, trail braking
Throttle control - Getting on the gas earlier, and adjusting line with the gas
Weight transfer - Foot peg weighting and using the legs for bracing

Classroom tutorials will include:

Bike set up - Advanced suspension set up, tyre pressures, how to log changes
Advanced Riding - Sliding the bike, Weight transfer, gearing, engine revs.

Mental State - Thinking yourself faster, learning from others
Walk the track - Lunchtime

The instructors are ex BSB rider’s, current racers and have already won races this year.

There are 2 groups.

Group 1 - Aimed at Inter/Fast group riders.

Typically you will be an improver or someone who has reached a plateau on track days. By the end of the day we would aiming to be at the sharp end of the fast group

Group 2 - Aimed at Fast Group / Current Racers

This is aimed at people who want to be the fastest person on a track day or who are racing but not competitive. By the end of the day you will be faster…no question.

The cost of the day including the track day is £250.00

Places are limited to 12 in each group.

To book email John Chambers on [email protected]

Any questions call me on 07786 698515 or see www.121ride.com

We will make you faster

sounds good-are you planning on visiting any other circuits? I hate Snet!

yeah i`m not to keen on snetterton either

will definetly be up 4 this @ any other track

Snett is good track for training as it has all the components to practise.

Long straight with hard braking

Chicanes for flick flack

Mega fast big balls corners

Plus good run off if things go wrong.

Will certainly look at other tracks to cover more of the country, so will probally do Brands early next year and maybe Croft in Sept /October

That’s what I thought.

I’d love to do it, I SHOULD be back in Europe that week, but I don’t want to book and then up stuck here in the land of the dog takeaway.

I’ll call when I get back and if you have a place going then I’ve been lucky.

I always need a massage after Snett, it’s murder on yer neck on a naked bike!

Scobby, I assume I’d be ok on a “non race rep” machine? Despite the wide bars and different body position going faster is still about the same techniques right?

Some of the techniques are slightly different as you are playing to the machines capabilities, ie slightly faster turn in due to the better leverage on the bars, especially on slower corners.

Francis Williamson will be the person to really quiz on this as he finished 3rd in the KTM SuperDuke series last year and will be teaching on the day. Look forward to seeing you on the day.

This looks really great, and a very good price there scobby, I am on holiday that week so can’t attend, but very interested if you do another one, either at snet or any other track.

Snetterton is a great circuit. I love it.

Coming then Jay? Cant have JonnyBravo kicking your arse on trackdays

def up for one at Brands

Ok will make Brands the next one

whens it going to be @ brands the scobby i wanna get some tract tution i know ive said ill book some time, but it rained the last 2 trackdays but now i have a set of wow’s i dont care if its in the wet

Looking at the 23rd September as a possible date

see http://londonbikers.com/forums/Topic404001-34-1.aspx

Possible Brands Hatch date.

Final call for people on the 28th August need to confirm numbers buy Thursday.

Sounds good…If you run a session at Cadwell Park ever then I’d like to know.

Hi Affro, just need to judge the take up on the first two events.

Would like to do one at all the circuits next year, but think that Snett and Brands will be it for this year.

i get married on the 20th sept and on honey moon for a week after that im back after the 30th guess there wont be one at brands after that this year?

im at foccussed events trackeve tonight going to book some instruction for sure are you the scooby?

Id do it if it were on a weekend :slight_smile: