£12,226 electric bill lunacy!

Spoke to mate and he is certain he said nothing of the sort, also immediately after I spoke to this sly crook he telephoned my friend to go over what they discussed (he had several missed calls from the operative, sense of urgency?) .

Another friend told me he had a similar problem and when he threatened legal action they began to pull all sorts of below the belt tricks to try and throw him off pursuing legal action because he was in the right and they damn well knew it. Eventually he won, it’s just a case of sticking to your guns apparently.

I’ve been at them all morning, it looks like I may win at the moment. They’re admitting errors in calculation. Fortunately I recorded the meter readings on here in an earlier post and mentioned them back (along with time and date of my post), they checked their facts and the fact that they logged this phone call along with the readings. They have recalculated the readings now.

Back of the net! :slight_smile:

So next time you have a consumer problem bitch about it on the internet immediately so it starts a paper trail with times and dates!

and now for the magic words

“You have screwed me like a cheap prostitute and given me stress for 5 months”

now make good with the free stuff!

glad you got it sorted, must have been funny, then worrying then stressful.

Unfortunately they’re still trying to **** me in ass. It’s absolutely insane. Also the “senior” administrator I’m speaking to is beyond a joke, he gets very angry on the phone when speaking me and always seems to be very threatening.

Is there anyway you can record your telephone calls?

Make a recording of him getting angry for no reason and being threatening, then write a letter to them making a formal complaint and asking what their procedure is for dealing with such complaints, they will have one.

Enter into the procedure writing a letter logging all the details of what you have had to deal with, including the “senior” administrator’s behaviour.

Go through the procedure and see what happens, see what responses you get, if you are not happy with the response you get, request them to raise the complaint up a level to whatever level they have next.

If you still have no joy, write to the ombudsman laying out your complaint about your energy supplier and have them deal with it and see where that goes.

How about writing to their CEO? [email protected]

sounds like you are getting on top of it finally…hope it all ends well for you and they offer fair compensation for the aggro they have caused.

Only thing I will say is this… If the bill is in your name then whatever “your flatmate” said holds no ground…even if he agreed to pay…they were not talking to the person responsible for the bill…so dont sweat it :smiley:

Johno

There are problems with this. If v_bztard had at some point implied that his flatmate could negotiate on his behalf, then his flatmate could be viewed as an agent of the principal and capable of binding him to a contract. So if he agree to pay AND if v_bztard had given the impression that he was allowed to do so, then he could be bound.

Would depend rather a lot on previous phone calls.

Of course, if nothing like this happened, then it doesn’t even matter if the bill was in the flatmates name, you can’t be bound by a third party to a contract, as an individual.

Perhaps it’s an age thing and us old farts have been through these hassles dozens of times, but why do you all get so angry, and therefore irrational, about life’s cock-ups?

The trick is to stay cool, calm and focused and record facts (Running tally of meter readings over a few weeks, names and notes on any telephone calls, copies of letters and emails.)

When there is no sense after that you write asking for the name and address of the company Chief Executive. Why? Because you have to send him a letter before you can go to the Regulator.

Now you know that. You can bet your sweet a*se they know why you are asking for that information.

Suddenly you are getting calls or letters from area senior management or above. In this house it usually results in bills being cancelled, very modest agreed bills, or if my wife is on the case, cancelled bills and future credit.

(Never mess with Mrs. O.)

So: Your choice, but I can recommend the cool, calm and collected route.

Very easy! You’ve generated 15000 units between April 2011 and January 2012! So now you should bill NPower for supplying them electricity :smiley:

If seriously: When I moved in, I had the same problem with water supplier: I got an insane water bill. And when I call them up they said I probably have a big water leak, which got me really seriously worried! But then I took readings in two consecutive days that showed normal water consumption. So in the end they agreed it was their error, so they estimated my water use over the last half a year using the current water consumption rate. All resolved fine.