1000+cc Sports bikes - Why?

Ah this is also the real reason i bought a litre bike, the 600 was so small. But i have grown to love my bike, even if its alot faster then iam at it makes for enever ending fun.

Alex Golds normal steady hand was shaking after he borrowed it today!! Makes me smile that she can make a man whore like alex feel like a little girl!!

I ride a Bandit 600 and an R1, the R1 is OTT, lets not kid ourselves, these powerful bikes are easy to ride fast in straight lines, but none of us can ride these machines to the max on public roads, and stay alive, well down south anyways. I started biking in the late 1970’s, the bikes were fast for the time, but the brakes and handling were dangerous. My old Kawasaki Z1R had a cable operated front brake, a frame and swingarm that flexed when the power was down, skinny tyres, weaved and wallowed everywhere, and was lethal. I am so impressed how fast the bikes are nowadays, but they all handle well and the brakes are phenominal compared to bikes in my early days, and oh how far has tyre technology advanced.

I also think that we ride within our budgets, and if you have the money would you want a 750 or a 1000?

Karen says its nothing to do with Penis size, its the girth that counts? Hope your smiling?:smiley:

I’m riding on my CBR929cc and I love it! :smiley:

Yeah yeah yeah… 'ark at you lot, a bad workman always blames his tools :stuck_out_tongue:

1000cc+ is good. I usually find those who knock the later bigger bikes have never ridden one so prefer to slate it. :slight_smile:

I ride to my ability not the full power a bike can put out (I’ve tried but just cannot hold on long enough), having a bike with just as good all round power low down gets my thumbs up.

You have it in a nutshell GSXRAng, riding to ones ability. I love riding bikes, I love the speed, and I know my limits. Just stay within your limits, and stay safe.

Oh I’m not saying I like 750’s or lower lol cos I’m a litre+ person :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not new to this riding lark either, I have over 25 years experience :slight_smile:

So size does matter then Ang :wink:

Once on a Litre always on a Litre:P

Well if we’re going to start waving our CC’s about the place, slapping them in the face of all and sundry then I have a 750cc bike, a 3000cc daily driver for a car, although to be fair I haven’t driven it for 2 1/2yrs so not very ‘daily’ these days, and a 5700cc Chevy just for fun, how d’ya like them apples?!? :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Like I said, your all off y’fuggin trollies!:smiley:

i only have 996cc’s…:frowning: but i do have 996cc’s of grunt!!:smiley:

SV1000’s are wheelie machines, especially my unfaired bike. 996cc of out and out fun.

i rode mine today quickly to…ahem…test a few bits after a recent off, i changed my clutch master cyclinder too a Firestorm one as SV thou ones are hard to find! straight swap, but biting points changed, going from 1st to 2nd i let it out bit mistimes and the back spun up nicely:D would have wheelied on a warm tyre…never really wheelied my SV, when i couriered i learned to clutch up the CBF500’s… most amusing in the west end:w00t: not had the balls to try on my Thou tho!! prob loop it!

Have you fitted a TRE? Timing Retard Eliminator? If not do so, then you wont have any probs with wheelies.

Does this mean I wont be able to have a ride Ratty’s bike?:crying:

Is that what you call the rider… 'ere Ratty he’s calling you a retard :D:D:D:D

http://www.pingelonline.com/timing_retard_eliminator.htm

I wanna know what it does to the ZX14 now! :smiley:

[quote]
rixxy (07/03/2010)

I was so pleased to get off that thing alive! Shouldn’t be possible to hit over 140 mph on a bit of road this long!

(in my mind, of course - this didn’t actually happen)

Sounds like you are hooked!

Nope, I actually prefer the SV - and that’s with stock shocks, I have now put proper suspension on it! Much lighter and more flickable

Crikey T, you gotta smaller willie than me!:smiley: