1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 x 0 = ?

Well I`m well puzzled.

I did new maths in the 70s and my calculation resulted in Banana.

Why do you need acronyms for everything in this country?

Sputnik has a lot to answer for - apparently it caused the creation of New Math as an educational doctrine and was responsible for the modern concept of project management!

Is this posting on course to achieve it’s aims? I give it an amber/green. I have done the risk assessment and consider the most significant risk that I bore everyone stupid, likelihood 3, impact 2, which is an Amber IIR my Prince 2 correctly!

For anyone who doesn’t understand any of that, consider yourself very lucky!

Green is for GO? I think.

when i did maths at school, unless there were brackets you worked it out as it was written. just people to fookin lazy to put a bracket up

You can’t relate Pan’s posts to everyday life:)

you can but only after 1+1+2+3+5+8* glasses of wine

*ps name the series

lol, havent read all the way through, surprised anyone voted for higher than the 0 … what do they teach people these days?? :smiley:

you might want to read through again if you voted 0 :smiley: :Whistling:

Ahem you might want to go over the figures again then mel :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

mostly media studies I think :Whistling:

fibonacci

Giuliano It is with deep regret that I have to say that I did understand most of your post.

However, the good news for me is that I didn’t understand all of it, so I’m still in remission and hopeful for a full recovery.

thanks for that guys i am a geek and i appreciated it! what i thought was most interesting was this little paragraph from wikipedia

The bee ancestry codeFibonacci numbers also appear in the description of the reproduction of a population of idealized honeybees, according to the following rules:

If an egg is laid by an unmated female, it hatches a male or drone bee.If, however, an egg was fertilized by a male, it hatches a female.Thus, a male bee will always have one parent, and a female bee will have two.

If one traces the ancestry of any male bee (1 bee), he has 1 parent (1 bee), 2 grandparents, 3 great-grandparents, 5 great-great-grandparents, and so on. This sequence of numbers of parents is the Fibonacci sequence. The number of ancestors at each level, Fn, is the number of female ancestors, which is Fn−1, plus the number of male ancestors, which is Fn−2.[53] (This is under the unrealistic assumption that the ancestors at each level are otherwise unrelated.)

i actually miss maths. I MISS MAAAAAAAAAAAAATHS :frowning:

I think I won, the result is:

And here’s why:

Au3+(aq) + I−(aq) Au(s) + I2(s)
Au3+(aq) + 2I−(aq) Au(s) + I2(s)
I−(aq) ½I2(s) + e−

Au3+(aq) + 3e− Au(s)
PLUS 49 TO BE CARRIED = 354,70

I’M A MASTER!

Have you finished balancing your redox equation there?

Sh*t, another master like me… I hope I did correctly O.O

LOL, FWIW we get them from the US AFAIK, IMHO they’re a CWOT

IDNUAFWOWYJS

(I did not understand a fecking word of what you just said)

“Six by nine. Forty two.”“That’s it. That’s all there is.”

“I always thought something was fundamentally wrong with the universe”

:smiley: