08 Fireblade or K5/K6 GSXR 1000??

I think my mind is set on the bladeto be honest as that is the bike I keep looking at and the one I talk about the most, im just worried that I didnt like my 2001 blade so would the 08’ blade be a let down too?

2001 blade wasn’t there best effort it was a stop gap until they had the new engine

Yes, the 954 was so much better than the 929,

954 was the same engine

The 08 Blade will feel like a very distant relation compared to the early models. It’s evolved massively since then. Modern superbikes are all just so good nowadays, it just comes down to personal preference.

Same engine???
Was it just bored out then? It felt so much different to the one I had as I tried it when I got rid of my 929.

Oh dear!!

I hate ebay. Just found a 2013 blade with 5,000 miles for £7,995, if I could get that for £7,500 I could push myself to tha. And thats the newest shape with the digital display!!

I’m failing to understand why you have a supersports bike and want another supersports bike to go with it.

you want to speak to her about her parking skills.

http://i.imgur.com/LkudcgL.png

lol. Very Good.

Regarding the Sports Bikes, They are my passion, i really don’t like nakeds or Touring Bikes, I would however have a SuperMoto but at this moment in time i want another SuperSports Bike, Plus, i’m probably going to get rid of the 750 and get a newer Blade (13’ onwards) so it would be my Only bike therefore has to serve my need for Super Bike fun

ah ok, eventual replacement makes sense then. IIRC, the K2 engine was the best one suzuki made and the K5 the best frame.
But personally, I’d get the blade. the generation you’re looking at was more advanced than the gsxr of the same time

Yes the K2 was the first of the new generation 1000cc SuperBikes to hit the Market and Suzuki set the Bar really high, it didn’t really improve till the K5 and that is widely acknowledged as being the bench mark for Litre bikes and was the reason we now have the S1000RR and the ZX10R as it was a complete show stopper, Unfortunately Suzuki haven’t moved on and the K5 is just a distant memory now. Hopefully the rumours of the 2016 Gixxer Thou are true as that will be a stonker of a bike. But like you say, Honda/Yamaha/BMW/Kawasaki all moved on from 2005 so anything after the K5 doesn’t compare to it’s rivals from other companies