Opportunity For 100 Members Of The Public To Try Off-Road Motorcycling FOR FREE
- Experience the thrill of off road riding
- Take instruction from the UK’s top trainers (including three times world champion – Dave Thorpe)
- See how it’s done by the experts at a special pro demonstration
- Understand why it’s such a great family sport
This is a cross industry effort, sponsored by leading names such as AJP, Honda, Husqvarna, Kawasaki, KTM, Yamaha and Zero electric motorcycles, in order to highlight how easy it is to get started in off-road motorcycle sport.
Who is this for and how do they apply?
- It is for people over the age of 16, who have no previous experience of motorcycle off-road riding.
- Registration will be on a first come first served basis via www.rideoffroad.co.uk. The website will contain all the relevant information and goes live on Monday 6th August. Registration is from 9 am on Monday 13th August.
- A deposit of £25 will be payable at the point of successful registration, which will be refunded on arrival on the day. This is taken to ensure people are serious about taking a place. Those who are not successful can join a waiting list and will be contacted should a spare place arise.
- Successful applicants will be allocated either a morning or afternoon of off-road riding and all protective clothing will be provided.
Motorcycle off-road sport provides exciting opportunities for riders to pit themselves against a variety of physical challenges. It is accessible to all ages and provides the most economical route to competitive motorsport.
In addition to the sheer thrill offered by off-roading, it provides one of the few social contexts where teenagers are happy to socialise with parents!
This area of motorcycle sport has the highest level of participation in the UK with 1.7 million spectators watching around 55,000 riders attending an average of over 4000 off-road events a year. These range from schoolboy motocross to high level competitions such as the Maxxis British Motocross Championships.