Superb Second For Sam; Season's Best For Miguel
Miguel Praia enjoyed a brilliant race on his Parkalgar Honda, starting from 19th and working his way up to an impressive season's best equalling eighth at the chequered flag. The next and penultimate round of the World Supersport Championship is next Sunday, October 2nd at Magny Cours in France.
Parkalgar Honda's sister PTR operated Bogdanka Honda team came home with James Ellison in sixth and Pawel Szkopek in a career best 12th to cap the best ever race-day result for the Lincolnshire based tuning organisation, filling three of the top eight and four of the top 12 positions.
"To be fair it has been a difficult weekend for me after missing most of the first qualifying session because of a crash, but the Parkalgar Honda team did a fantastic job on my bike and improved it enormously in time for the race. I didn't make the start I wanted and was well behind but got my head down and got into the battle. I am really happy to get second and can't wait to get to Magny Cours next weekend."
"That was a good race. I got a super start and gained a lot of places and then had a fast pace. Mid-race I lost a little time on the group in front but I cannot be anything but happy after starting 19th and then equalling my season's best of eighth. I rode better today but I dedicate this result to Paul, Ben and my Parkalgar Honda team - the changes they made to my bike made the difference and this result is for them - thank you."
Simon Buckmaster, Parkalgar Honda Team Manager :
"Sam did a fantastic job. He came back from a poor start and rode what I think was the best race of his career to finish second. He is building momentum as the season draws to its climax.
"Miguel didn't qualify as well as he would have liked but he worked hard with his technicians and then came from a long way back to score an excellent result. He is building his effort as we head towards Magny Cours and then our home track of Parkalgar in Portugal - the end of the season is very exciting for us."
1. Fabien Foret (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda) Honda CBR600RR 35'56.214
2. Sam Lowes(Parkalgar Honda) Honda CBR600RR 35'56.380
3. Broc Parkes (Kawasaki Motocard.com) Kawasaki ZX-6R 35'58.713
4. Florian Marino (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda) Honda CBR600RR 36'00.047
5. David Salom (Kawasaki Motocard.com) Kawasaki ZX-6R 36'02.539
6. James Ellison (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 36'18.086
7. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Lorenzini by Leoni) Kawasaki ZX-6R 36'22.040
8. Miguel Praia(Parkalgar Honda) Honda CBR600RR 36'23.767
9. Stefano Cruciani (Puccetti R. Kawasaki Italia) Kawasaki ZX-6R 36'26.258
10. Danilo Dell'Omo (Suriano Racing Team) Triumph Daytona 675 36'27.354
Championship positions (after 10 of 12 rounds)
1: Davies 171
2: Foret 136
3: Salom 123
4: Parkes 120
5: Lowes Parkalgar Honda 109
6: Scassa 96
7: Ellison 72
8: Marino 71
9: Rea 67
10: Roccoli 62
13: Praia Parkalgar Honda 40
Images courtesy of Gareth Harford Photographics